Thursday, 13 February 2014

February Irene

I'm feeling rather pleased with myself.  Today I have sat down and completed my blocks for February for the Goodnight Irene sew-along. 

http://terrytreasures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/goodnight-irene-sew-along.html

I thought I'd share my five blocks with you ... actually five and a half ... as a I got carried away with sewing the 2 1/2" squares together!

The X blocks work in progress ...

 
And my three completed X's ...
 


 
I do love how this block works - it is really quite simple to do and so effective.
 
My two completed 2 1/2" squares blocks and the half one that I got carried away with!
 
 
Don't they look lovely and bright (they'd look brighter in daylight too!)
 
And I've been playing with the little triangle bits left over from the X blocks ...
 

I do hate to throw any bit of fabric away!
 
I am loving this sew-along.  The pattern is brilliant, and I found myself browsing jelly-rolls earlier and thought how nice it would look in creams and pale beiges ....!   

 
 

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Lynn. I am using up fabric I already have and also wanted darker X's. That one was the one that best fitted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking good! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry! I'm loving this pattern.

      Delete
  3. Love your blocks. They look fabulous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry is the best and she makes life fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blocks. I was saving the bits of leftovers to make something with the half square triangles but I threw them away because I just wanted to get my quilt done.

    ReplyDelete