Tuesday 30 December 2014

Knit Red - Snowboarder Hat

Had the urge to knit a hat.

So had a look through some of my books and decided on this one in the Knit Red book. 

 
 
 
I made the large one, although I confess I didn’t read the pattern properly and didn’t knit the yarn double - so it’s come out baby/toddler size! Note to self - must read pattern properly first in future!
 
 
 
 
 
However, I am still really pleased with it as if no-one else wants it my little nephew to be will have it next Christmas!!
 

I also added in about five or six rows to the earflaps once I’d done all the increasing as I felt they needed to be a bit bigger and they looked like they had more rows in the photo.

I love the colour-way. I think the Gemini in me likes the variegated yarn!  It is the gorgeous Montana by Sirdar in the Savannah colourway 0214.  It is 70% Acrylic and 30% Wool.  And is absolutely lovely to work with. 

Surprised myself and managed to knit it in an evening!

*   *   *


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Lucy, may 2015 be healthy, happy and full of YARN!
    Love the hat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! I hope your 2015 is full of fibre fun and lots of new projects xx

    ReplyDelete