Monday 12 January 2015

Chocolate and Cream Yurt Hat

I like knitting hats as they are quick!  And I do like projects to be quick.  That was always my excuse in the past for sewing rather than knitting as sewing always produced the end project much faster!



However I am now finding that I can and do enjoy projects that take a bit more time.  Perhaps I'm slowing down in my old age ha ha!



I found this pattern http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/yurt-hat-with-ridge-detail and decided it would be an interesting but fairly simple hat to make.  It is by Hazel Donnelly and called Yurt Hat with Ridge Detail.  Pretty isn't it?

Dscf0079_small2

I chose some dk yarn - which on reading back - (can you see a pattern forming here ... I really do rush into these patterns without double checking yarn weight - although in my defence it didn't say chunky or dk - I just presumed on the size of the needles it was dk! Oh and that it came up in the search for dk knitted hats!)

The yarn I chose was from my stash and I believe it's a Stylecraft yarn but I can't find any photos or links to the shades I have.  I went for a dark brown and a cream - and they both had flecks of the other colour along with a lighter brown in.

Note to self - MUST read and understand pattern before commencing!

Another project I completed last week is for a swap where I had to send a Christmas Dishcloth to someone in America.  This is made with Sugar and Cream Cotton and is a lovely thick cotton to work with.

This is the pattern I found http://krisknits.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/christmas-dishcloth-story.html

It is a lovely house with a big tree beside it - with a star and snow - and I really liked it.

 
Can you see it clearly?  I did enjoy making this as it didn't take that long and ta-dah - a super dishcloth to replace the one that didn't arrive. 



:•:::Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ::::::::Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ:::: 

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute design on the dishcloth Lucy, I,m intriguied about the hat, will look up the pattern xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Let me know if you make the hat. I loved the pattern and it was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. x

    ReplyDelete