Saturday 4 January 2014

It's January 2014 .... a New Year ... and a new project for me .... I have started a blog!

I must admit it is quite scary as I'm not sure what to write. 

So, I think perhaps it is best to tell you a bit about myself.

I'm Lucy.

I have three children - my daughter Alexandra, who is 20 (nearly 21 I am sure she will remind me!); and two sons - Luke who is 9 and Adam who is 6. 

I live with my partner, Jonathan, and his two children - Matthew who's 13 (14 two days after Alexandra ;-)) and Katie who's 12.  Alexandra doesn't live with us as she works and lives in North Devon.  The boys and I only moved in with Jonathan last February - so nearly a year now!  It is a very noisy and a bit manic at time house - but we love it!

We live in Somerset, in the South West of England. 

My hobbies are crafts - I love them!  I just love to be creating things and if I could I'd try out every craft going.

I love patchwork and quilting; I crochet and I knit - I'm on Ravelry and I just love it on there - in fact I seem to lose hours on there and on Pinterest!  I can draw and paint and wish I spent more time doing that.

Oh and I read.  I read lots!  I love books.  I have tons and tons of fictional books and I'm a glutton for craft books too.  I feel this sense of well-being when I see shelves full of books!

So, that's a little bit about me for starters.

No comments:

Post a Comment