Tuesday 21 June 2016

Red, Cream and Blue Stars

Almost patriotic!

I saw a pattern a while ago of a crochet star blanket and as I love stars I just HAD to make one!


There is something about the combination of red and blue and white (or cream as in this case) 
that I just really like.  It brings me thoughts of little boys' bedrooms all decked out in 
red and blue patchwork quilts and sail boat pictures on the walls...  

So it had to be a Star Blanket in those colours.  


I decided against doing all the stars in the cream as I wanted to use the blue and red in equal amounts.  
I also wanted to create more of a patchwork effect.


It isn't huge - ideal for a sofa throw or a cuddle blanket for a child; 
one to have at the end of the bed in case it gets chilly!



I also decided to keep the edges as they were rather than try and straighten them up 
- I felt that it gave it more character.



I think that, one day, when I have more time and more yarn (!) then I want to make one of these for me 
- big enough to fit our bed!

  I have an idea of just having white stars on dark blue background ....

☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸. •*¨*• ☆

Mind you ... there already is a huge list of things in my head that I wish to create ....

☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸. •*¨*• ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment